Updated May 7, 2020
Please note that certain Sentara facilities may have additional visitor guidelines, so we recommend checking with the facility before planning a visit.
Patients are allowed 1 visitor except:
- COVID-19 confirmed patients or patients awaiting COVID-19 test results are not allowed any visitors.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patients may have 2 visitors.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have 2 visitors.
Visitor Safety Guidelines
- Visitors 12 and under are prohibited from our hospitals.
- Visitors will have their temperatures taken and be screened before entering the facility.
- Visitor will be required to wear a mask and observe social distancing guidelines. If they do not have a mask, a community mask will be given to them.
- Visitors will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- Visitors must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting patient room.
Sentara Life Care
Sentara Life Care is asking all visitors to nursing and rehabilitation centers, our assisted living village and PACE centers, including family members, contractors and volunteers, to not visit these facilities until further notice.
Exceptions can be approved by site administrators and directors of nursing for end-of-life situations when families need to gather.
These restrictions are being implemented to protect the health and well-being of our most vulnerable residents and our employees.